Heart of England in Bloom 2016 Hotel and Pub Grounds Judges comments:
- There is an attractive and welcoming frontage to this Inn which has a wonderful courtyard area with superb baskets and mangers. It is clean and well-presented throughout, irrigated florals and a herb manger full to the gunnels (is the chef actually allowed to use them!) The addition of a recycled scarecrow was great fun.
- Attractiveness of planting
- Superb baskets planted with a variety of species that made for a colourful frontage supplemented with perennial planting in small garden area at front. Similar baskets giving a real splash of colour in the courtyard, seen at its best on a wonderful sunny day.
- Irrigation system to help conserve water and baskets recycled for next year.
- Perennial planting and well stocked herb manger outside the kitchen door!
- Quality of Care and Maintenance
- The baskets are pest, disease and weed free. On the day of judging the Hebe was ready to burst into bloom.